Giving Tuesday: ENMAX helping to build stronger communities by giving back
Calgary, Alta. – ENMAX Corporation is helping to build stronger communities through steady, increased funding for our vital community partners to support vulnerable Albertans struggling with higher costs of living.
ENMAX has committed more than $1 million this year to support energy affordability programs, including essential-needs funding, energy efficiency education and conservation programs to help save energy.
ENMAX’s increased community support this year includes:
- an additional $200,000 to the United Way of Calgary & Area to support the Basic Needs Fund, on top of a $200,000 donation earlier this year.
- donating $150,000 to Trellis Society to help local families facing eviction or financial instability with financial support and access to community resources.
- providing $150,000 and 200 energy efficiency kits to the Alberta Ecotrust Foundation to help people reduce their energy costs and carbon footprint.
- donating $145,000 to Distress Centre Calgary to support Calgarians in financial crisis.
- providing $50,000 to Green Calgary to support complimentary energy efficiency workshops and help increase awareness about energy-saving measures.
- supporting the Aboriginal Friendship Centre of Calgary with $25,000 for basic needs for Indigenous people in Calgary.
As part of ENMAX’s annual employee giving program, ENMAX will be double matching all employee donations to our energy affordability partners. ENMAX team members have also been volunteering their time from setting up festive lights and making energy efficiency upgrades at seniors’ homes to preparing food bank hampers and 400 care packages for partners including Calgary Drop-in Centre, Distress Centre, Calgary Food Bank and Calgary Seniors Resource Society.
"On Giving Tuesday – and every day – ENMAX is proud to support our community partners and help them provide essential services for those in need," said Kara Kingston, Director, Brand, Communications and Community at ENMAX. "At ENMAX, we believe in the power of community and giving back, helping to strengthen the communities in which we all live and work."
"Our partnership with ENMAX helps to provide relief at a time when it is needed most. Working together with service providers, we are making a significant difference for many households to meet this critical need." – Karen Young, President and CEO, United Way of Calgary and Area
"Thanks to our long-time supporters like ENMAX who take the time to understand what Albertans need, we will be able to help cover some of those basic needs for families and, in turn, they will be able to reallocate that money to something that can help their family overcome obstacles and thrive." – Jocelyn Adamo, Program Director, Trellis Society
"Through the Energy Efficient Future program, Green Calgary and ENMAX have engaged Calgarians in dynamic and practical conversations about energy and the many ways individuals can reduce energy consumption. ENMAX’s support for the program furthers our vision of Calgary as a model for environmentally sustainable, healthy communities." – Lex van der Raadt, Executive Director, Green Calgary
"The wellness of a community is determined by the compassion, empathy and actions of its members. A healthy community requires collaboration from organizations and individuals to meet the needs of all. Thank you to ENMAX for being a champion for AFCC and for helping to build a caring community." – Melissa Roy, Director of Operations, Aboriginal Friendship Centre of Calgary